My life song...


I want to start this blog with lyrics to one of my favorite songs. Lifesong by Casting Crowns.

Such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight 
May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name 
to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You
Lord I give my life
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet
So may the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Let my lifesong sing to You 

We are a light in this dark world. Not only am I living to serve God, but it is my purpose as an evangelical Christian to help others understand this. 

-You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16-

I want to please God. I want to make Him happy and proud of me! Not because anyone is making me do so, or to please anyone else... because I WANT to. No one, and I mean NO one told me I HAD to believe in anything that I believe in. Remember? I grew up without any spiritual guidance. Jesus gave me the opportunity, that he gives to all of us, and I took it. I think that a lot of our beliefs are based off of what our parents teach us, or do NOT teach us. Its important for you to look at your life and decide which direction you want to take and what you feel is to be TRUE. NOT, what anyone has made you conform to. 

There are so many people, even some Christians, that do not understand how even the smallest thing can have a serious impact on your life... and your family. Who you are around, things that you see, places you go, what you allow in your home. Satan is everywhere. This is a spiritual world, people invite him in and are unaware. You can can bring curses upon yourself and family. 

-Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour’. 1 Peter 5:8-

I will blog later about the things that we do that do that allow him to enter our lives. But if your not being vigilant about keeping him out of your life... well... you can guess what is going to happen! Don't take that lightly. My family and I pray every single day over our home, ourselves, our belongings. Go ahead, and laugh... some may find that weird and silly.

I want to actually DO the things I say I do, and not approach Christianity to gain what I want... and only the things I want. It is all or nothing. You cannot take all of God's teachings and dismiss what you do not like. Even the bad things. I want to be serving God by following the path he has set for me. If I am allowing the enemy to enter in in any way, I am veering off of that path and exposing myself to Satan's interference. My "Lifesong", to me, is the next most important thing after giving your life to Him. Its about the commitment you made, and doing great and GOOD things with that life. Take care of it, protect it, gaurd it... it no longer belongs to you (wasn't ever really yours in the first place!) 

I heard a quote this Sunday at church... "What you say is what you think, what you do is what you believe

It is SO easy to SAY that you are a God loving, christian. In fact, there are many many people out there that do! Most people I meet and know, say that they are Christians. But how many of them actually DO (or DON'T DO) things to show that, that is what they truly believe!? Now, we are all guilty of sin... that is fact. But when our hearts dismiss conviction given to us by the Lord and you continue on with acting in the flesh, my friend... you are not fully committed! I also head another CRAZY set of statistics in church on Sunday... I find it incredibly disturbing!...

78% of self identified Christians would say that spirituality strongly matters to them.

80% of self identified Christians say that a commitment to Christ is still important in their lives.

18% ... only 18%... commit to investing time into the development of their relationship with Christ. 

Only 20% of Christians say that they are completely dependent on God.

52% say that they believe there is MORE to the Christian life than they have experienced. 

Only 3% of people that SAY they are a Christian, have surrendered control of their life to God, submitted to His will, and devoted their life to serving God.

So that means that only 3% of Christians are seriously committed to serving and loving God. So, there ya go. WE are the light of the world. Don't we CARE that we are not doing what we need to be doing and WHY are we surprised about the way the world is and the amount of sadness and emptiness in our lives?!

This blog is a call to get serious. If your life is NOT how you would like it to be... if you feel that there is more to this life, if you feel unsettled in any area of your life... well chances are you are not FULLY committed to God. This includes me! How am I to expect non-believers to become a believer or even CONSIDER looking into loving my God, unless I myself am living proof that He is living?! Have you ever heard someone say that "You will like him once you get to know him?" or "You have to know him to really understand him?"... well that same thing goes with loving Jesus. If you are a non-believer, you will NOT understand until you feel His love and start experiencing all the glory He has to offer. Trust me, He is there and waiting. Don't let these Christians have any influence on your opinion about my Faith that are not fully committed to God. Because, sadly, there are "Christians" out there that do not bring light to Christianity. 

Let your lifesong SING to God. Don't just go about saying and not DOING! Don't be in that 97% of people that DON'T fully commit. We can't keep pushing aside what we KNOW, is right. If it doesn't bring Glory to God... its likely bringing shame. You can't honor with lips and let your hearts not honor him. 

Comments

  1. Please leave a comment if you would like! Positive or negative :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment