Abide

 How do you define that word?

🌱
Brian & I first had the idea about full time RVing back in the summer of 2016.  It didn’t work out because we found out we were pregnant & thought we would have to let that dream go. 
But, God had planted a seed. 🌱 
We didn’t realize how big & how deep this dream was planted within us, & soon learned that it wasn’t something we could deny. Things didn’t just go according to plan. It took a LONG 8 months to sell our house. We actually gave up AGAIN, took our house off of the market & had a knock on our door. Someone that had seen it months prior was ready to buy. 
Abide. 
Fast forward 3 years later & we’re now on our second #RV. We’ve been to 31 states, hiked in some of the most amazing places & have seen some of our dreams come true. But, I would be lying if I said I didn’t sometimes question this. Sure, on Instagram it seems amazing and full of adventure but there are frustrating sides, too. Laying everything down is hard. 
Today I was reading about hope. I was thinking about how much hope it takes to achieve your dreams. I read...
“Hope is a product of walking closely with the Lord”. 
John 15:4-5:
Abide in Me, & I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me & I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
Abide.
I thought, what is the actual definition of the word. The first I came across was, “to put up with patiently” ... that’s different. I have to “put up” with God!? So, hope isn’t just something I feel. It’s something I have be patient in & put up with! Meaning, it’s not always enjoyable. But, those seeds He planted 👉🏻will produce & bear fruit. (By His works, & our active participation!)
Abide. 
I just have to “put up” with the “product” of hope, & have patience. It’s been 3 years & 3 months since our seed of a dream was planted in our hearts. We’re still watering & nurturing what’s growing, this new take on the word abide has refreshed my soul in this process.If you too are nurturing a seed, don’t ever lose hope! Just try to see the process in a new way. God knows what he’s doing, & the waiting patiently (as difficult as it can be) is all part of it! This journey is something that’s worth the wait. 🙌🏻
Flip side - #scripture also says that He has to abide in me as well, it’s good to know that He puts up with me... patiently. 🤗

Comments